THE DOME EVENT is the twenty-sixth solo album by Klaus Schulze, originally released in March 1993. It is Schulzes sixth live album and was recorded in Cologne on 11 May 1991.
- The Dome Event (63:31)
- Nachtmusik. Schattenhaft (06:50)
- Energisch. In Gemessenem Schritt (09:30)
- Sehr Behaglich. Keck Im Ausdruck (03:25)
- Unbeschwert (07:43)
- Ohne Hast (05:06)
- Scherzo: Un Poco Loco (03:19)
- The Event: Rhythmisch Üppig, Dann Vergnügt, Bewegt (12:49)
- Übermütig, Stürmisch Bewegt, Heftig (08:16)
- Un Poco Loco (Reprise) (01:25)
- Crescendo (03:05)
- Finale: Tutti Synthi (03:05)
- After Eleven (10:44)
The Dome Event is divided into three subdivisions:
- A. Andante (Subtitle 1)
- B. Allegro (Subtitles 2-7)
- C. Presto (Subtitles 8-11)
Recording Date: 11 May 1991, summer 1992 (studio track)
Recording site(s): Cologne, Hambühren (studio track)
Producer(s): Klaus Schulze
Composer(s): Klaus Schulze
Musician(s): Klaus Schulze
The concert in Cologne was not inside the cathedral but on the large square in front of it. Other musicians were playing that day, including Ash Ra Tempel (without Schulze) and Blue Chip Orchestra.
The Dome Event is a live track from the 1991 concert, After Eleven is a studio track recorded 1992.
The Dome Event is one continuous tracks - although numerous subtitles are given, it is not possible to skip to them, unless your player has an "index function". The German and Italian subtitles are based on classical music terms.
The title addition (op. 119, d-minor) for The Dome Event given on the sleeve is not correct, in fact it is Schulze's opus 124.
The cover design is by Dave McKean at Splash of Paint Design.
THE DOME EVENT is among the few Schulze albums, not reissued by REVISTED RECORDS due to copyrights.
- 1993 VIRGIN 263 327 CD
- 1993 VIRGIN VENTURE CDVE 918 CD
- 1993 CAROLINE 1881-2 CD