Machine de Plaisir is the only track on the eighth disc MACHINE DE PLAISIR from the box set SILVER EDITION (1993) by Klaus Schulze. It has 12 subtitles, which are only on LA VIE ELECTRONIQUE 13 (2013) separate tracks to skip to. The French title translates Machine of Pleasure.
Recorded: January 1993, Hambühren
Composer(s): Klaus Schulze
Perfomer(s): Klaus Schulze
Machine de Plaisir has 12 subtitles, which are only on LA VIE ELECTRONIQUE 13 (2013) separate tracks to skip to.
- Machine de Plaisir (78:30)
- The Machinery of Night (05:40)
- Träume ich? (02:50) [German = Am I dreaming?]
- Leaves of Grass (03:48)
- Peyote Poem (02:51)
- No Funky Blues (07:07)
- Verblüffung des Volkes (08:34) [German = Amazement of the People]
- Le Carillon (08:28) [French = The Chime]
- Hellenistische Mechanik (08:32) [German = Hellenistic Mechanism]
- Das Ende der Nashörner (08:33) [German = The End of the Rhinos]
- Don't be afraid, the clown's afraid too (08:32)
- Die ehrwürdige Flüssigkeit (06:30) [German = The Venerable Liquid]
- The Answer? (07:03) [02:29 in SILVER EDITION]
The working title was "Meditation 2, Die Vertiefung", its original length was about 120 minutes, but with the last 50 minutes being a loop only. In ULTIMATE EDITION and LA VIE ELECTRONIQUE 12 the fade-out is about 5 minutes longer than in SILVER EDITION.
A copy of this recording was given to the Guttempler Orden, for therapy to help alcoholics.