MIDITERRANEAN PADS is the twenty-first solo album by Klaus Schulze, originally released on 28 February or 20 March 1990. The title contains a pun on "MIDI", a technical standard for electronic instruments.
- Decent Changes (32:35) [on original release: LP 25:15 | CD 30:45]
- Miditerranean Pads (14:12) [CD only]
- Percussion Planante (25:01)
Recording Date: summer 1989
Recording site(s): Hambühren
Composer(s): Klaus Schulze
The title track Miditerranean Pads was not featured on the LP issue, due to lack of space.
There are three different durations for Decent Changes: 25:15 on the LP, 30:45 on the first CD issues and 32:35 on the 2005 re-release (instead of a bonus track).
Working title for Decent Changes was "A Dice One".
The "singing" on Miditerranean Pads is in fact Schulze playing the sampled voice of his girlfriend Elfi, who later (1993) became really Mrs. Schulze.
The cover design is by Peetie Unglaub.
In 2005 MIDITERRANEAN PADS was the twelfth Schulze album reissued by REVISTED RECORDS as part of a series of Schulze album reissues. It was the first reissue without a bonus track due to lack of space, though Decent Changes was extended by two minutes.
- 1990 BRAIN 841 864-1 (black Brain) LP
- 1990 BRAIN 841 864-2 CD
- 2005 SPV/REVISTED RECORDS REV 018 CD Digipak
- 1990 THUNDERBOLT THBL 081 LP
- 1990 THUNDERBOLT CDTB 081 CD
- 1996 MAGNUM AMERICA MACD 068 CD
- 1996 SPURK 864-2 CD unofficial
- 1997 CD MEDIA CD unofficial
- 2002 LANDY STAR MUSIC LSM-1156/02 CD unofficial